- This event has passed.
The Job of the Future: Digital Anthropology Meets Data Science
Sep 27 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am EDT
This panel will discuss how digital anthropologists can use data science to help us better understand people and communities in the “Phygital” world, and why this growing field is a critical “Job of the Future” across the public and private sector. This panel discussion–featuring experts from digital anthropology, data science, journalism, social media and tech –will delve deeply into how this field will play a role in AI, combat online extremism and violence and support a more equal and ethical digital future. Non-anthropologists and anthropologists alike are warmly welcome!
- Cristian Huepe, Co-director, Social Listening Lab (SoL-UC), Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Himanshu Panday, Co-founder, Dignity in Difference
- Matt Artz, Founder of Azimuth Labs
- James Ingram, Founder of the Liiv Center & CEO of TelmarHelixa
- Christine Burke, VP Cultural Insights, TelmarHelixa
- Katie Hillier, Chief Digital Anthropologist, Liiv Center
Fees: Free for members and non-members