The Virtual Graduate School Fair is a half-day online event where prospective graduate students will learn more about the graduate school application process and the options they have for their next step. In addition to department tabling, where you can chat with representatives from anthropology MA and PhD programs, the fair also includes three panel discussions where you can hear insider perspectives on the application process. The panel topics are:
- Applying to Grad School 101: Department chairs and directors of graduate study will address commonly asked questions about the graduate school process. The panel will address what makes a “good” reference letter, what to look for in a program, how to decide if grad school is right for you, and more!
- Student Voices: Current graduate students in anthropology will talk about their experience as an applicant and as a student and will answer questions about what to expect.
- Funding Graduate School Education: This panel will speak to the different funding sources available to graduate students. Including department opportunities like assistantships and fellowships, and alternative funding from foundations.
The event will take place on Wednesday, April 19. Panel discussions will be recorded, and attendees are free to come and go as they wish. Here’s the preliminary schedule (all times US Eastern):
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Welcome; Panel 1
- 1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. – Panel 2
- 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Department Tabling – Meet with representatives from anthropology MA and PhD programs!
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Panel 3
Check out Graduate School Fair Student Guide for more event details, participating schools, and accessibility information.
AAA members: $0
- Full registration (tabling and panels): $10
- Department tabling: $0
Students who are sponsored by their departments as part of the Undergraduate Cohort Program can attend the Virtual Graduate School Fair at no cost. Students participating in the Undergraduate Cohort Program are also eligible for a free membership and Annual Meeting Registration; your department must be a Department Services Program (DSP) partner to utilize this benefit. Not sure if your department is a DSP partner? Look them up in our AnthroGuide and see if the DSP logo is in the profile. If your department is not currently a DSP partner, you can send them an invite to join.